Thursday, April 17, 2008

A work week of solitude


As the title suggests, I have been alone this week. Veronica had to go to Dubbo on Monday night for the week, so I have been at home by my lonesome. Not much has been going on, only surfed once this week on Tuesday morning. Pretty chunky waves out at Manly, but with all the rain the water has gotten dirtier than a Bangkok brothel. Yeah, nasty to say the least. The waves were good, but I had a tough session, mostly taking off on closeouts. However, my last wave was a complete redeemer as it walled up nicely all the way into the inside.

Our weekend was fun as we went to a massive 21st Birthday Party on Saturday night. Charlotte, our former roommate Morgan's girlfriend, was having a party at a coffee shop called Ground Zero. Good times. Although I have now come to a rather sad conclusion; free alcohol isn't good for the tight, miserly Matt. I seem to revert back to my college days and really let loose. Nothing wrong with that, until Sunday morning arrived and I felt like a rotting corpse. Took it EXTREMELY easy the next day, delighted in a delicious Barefoot flat white and Veronica and I went to run some errands. That night we went to see 'Before the Devil Knows Your Dead' with Philip Seymour Hoffman and Ethan Hawke, directed by Sidney Lumet, of 'Serpico' fame. Good movie, but damn, depressing as all hell. Seriously, if you have a drug problem, money worries, or family issues, you might stay away. Don't walk into that theater expecting to walk out a happy human. Very good film, and we enjoyed going to see it at the Hayden Orpheum Picture Palace, an old school movie theater in a ritzy part of North Sydney.

Veronica gets back tomorrow, so I am extremely excited. I've included a picture of Veronica and I at Jamie's birthday celebration at Tex Mex from 2 weeks back that I just got.

No comments: