Thursday, August 21, 2008

Winter Funk


I cannot wait for winter to end. I surfed once this week. The water was so cold it made my feet almost go numb after only 90 minutes. Today is cold and rainy. Luckily it's Friday. Veronica arrives back in Sydney tonight after having spent another week in Dubbo.

I've made no secret that my work experience here in Sydney has been absolutely frustrating. But, these jobs have taught me some valuable lessons. Perhaps not taught me, but reinforced values that I was taught by my family. Simple things like don't lie, don't cheat, don't cut corners. It is astounding to be a continual witness to shady dealings, and the only thing that makes it bearable is knowing that our time here in Oz is winding down. Additionally, I plan to keep this experience fresh in my mind when I am back working in the States. No doubt this will help me stay slightly sane when I deal with the inevitable malaise a future job will bring.

Is it me, or did this last paragraph sound like a lame version of 'Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy'?

Read an interesting article in The New York Times today. A diabolical bike thief in Toronto who owned a second hand bookshop. This guy's life needs to be made into a movie cause it sounds captivating!
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/22/world/americas/22canada.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

No comments: