Sunday, January 13, 2008

Back Down Under


Veronica and I are back in the Southern Hemisphere after a glorious Xmas break in Dallas and Hawaii. The good news is we ate some of the most delicious food for a full month. The bad news is we put on a few pounds. Hopefully we lose our holidays pounds pronto so we can fit into the smaller clothes we bought in Dallas.

Highlights of our trip include:
Eye surgery - Yep, we have robot vision now, it rules.
Old 97's concert - New Year's Eve we saw the boys perform an epic show. The only thing not so epic were the drunken HP kids and the drunk hillbilly who informed me that Karma 'is an Eastern, kung fu'ey load of sh**'. Truly, I love meeting intellectuals across the globe.
Schlotzky's - The Original is the best sandwich on Earth, bar none!
Our condo in Hawaii smelling like an ashtray - Turns out our tenants smoked inside the unit for a full year. What's better, the morons smoked in bed, as evidenced by the burn in the comforter as well as the two empty packs of Menthol 100's and cigarette butts found underneath the bed. (On a side note I have prayed that I never run into either of those filthy bastages for as long as I live, because otherwise I am gonna go mid evil on them.)
Surfing in Aina Haina - I had a glorious surf on our second to last day on the island. The waves and water were perfect. The reef shimmered underneath me as I had several glorious rides that left me grinning from ear to ear. However, watching the sun rise over the cliffs of Portlock made the session absolutely magical.
Family and Friends - Of course the most important facet of the entire trip was getting to spend time with the great people in our lives.

We miss you guys already, but we really hope some of you decide to go into debt and come visit us!

No comments: