Wednesday, January 23, 2008

2 Year Anniversary





This past Tuesday Veronica and I celebrated our 2nd Wedding Anniversary. Since our first anniversary was spent in a hostel where we slept in bunk beds, I figured I had better step it up this year and do something nice. I booked a room at the Kirketon Hotel in Darlinghurst, which is described as the SoHo of Sydney. Seeing as I have never been in SoHo in NYC, I cannot confirm or deny whether the description is apt, however I digress. Our digs were delightful and we enjoyed sleeping on the king sized bed, but the best part of the stay was our dinner at the hotel restaurant. Both Veronica and I enjoyed an Angus steak, which turned out to be a deliciously tender steak that renewed our faith in Australian cuisine. We decided to get a little crazy and proceeded to each order a $15 Mojito. What does a $15 Mojito taste like you might wonder? Well, it tastes like a Mojito with an expensive price tag. In no way does it taste like the $10 milkshake in Pulp Fiction. Moral of the story, be wary when you decide to order such an expensive cocktail. Regardless of the drink, we had a majestic evening. Going back to our double bed in Manly last night was a tough endeavor.

Tomorrow we are going to a huge concert festival, the Big Day Out. Should be a good time.

No comments: