Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A concert and a great movie

It has been an eventful week since the last update. On Friday Veronica got a letter from work officially recognizing her promotion, very cool. Saturday we went to the Enmore Theatre to see Fat Freddy’s Drop (a dub/reggae band from New Zealand) play live. The show was fantastic, although the theatre was absolutely sticky and humid, good times were had by all of our friends. Like a moron, I forgot the camera and thus no pictures were taken. I apologize.

Sunday Veronica and I took it easy, waking late and going for a tasty coffee in the morning. We headed over to our friends Jase and Brenda’s house in Freshwater, and hung out with them a bit. Then we drove back out to Newtown to go see ‘The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford’ at the Dendy, what a freaking stellar movie. Long, like don’t drink anything before or during the film because you will have to pee like a Russian race horse at the end of it (trust me, personal experience on this one), but stellar nonetheless. Afterwards we went and had some tacos for dinner, capping off a pretty nice weekend I would have to say.

The weather turned nasty on Monday, so while Veronica went to work, I stayed home and did some writing. I didn’t have to go into work because I had gotten a call on Friday from my boss stating that he had moved everything out of the office, and to meet him at a new office in Edgecliff on Wednesday. The best part about this whole situation is that yesterday I find out at the meeting with him that we no longer have an office, and we will be meeting once a week from now on. Brilliant. When I asked why we had suddenly moved out when on the previous Wednesday he had stated that we would be staying for another month, he kept dodging and redirecting the question. It was bizarre, and when I pressed him he would only say that the head of the office was making him feel unwelcome and was trying to cheat us out of a future commission. Craziness, but then, what do I expect from a man who claims to have studied psychology and fancies himself an astute expert on the behavior of others. Now, I am no doctor, but this dude is severely paranoid, and some of his actions are borderline delusional. I can honestly say I am over it, and I might look for a job at a surf shop because this is crazy. Anyways, I thought I would give an update on the career front, Good stuff I realize!

Last night we went to a party at our friends Martina and Gavin’s place. Martina has two friends in town from Italy and today they are headed up to Byron Bay, but last night they had a bunch of friends over for some drinks and pizza. Good times, and again we forgot the camera, sorry!

This weekend we are headed up the coast to a beach house about 2 hours North. Don’t worry, we will remember to bring the camera so we can get some shots for you kids for the next post!

Cheers.

No comments: