Sunday, February 25, 2007

The weekend baby






Veronica and I had a good weekend. Friday was a nice day at work because I did not get lost making any of the deliveries and pickups (however, I got lost after work and went the wrong way down a one way street, much to Veronica’s horror). Veronica had her 3rd interview of the week but unfortunately was 30 minutes late because she jumped on the wrong train (right number, but it was an earlier one so it went a different place, crazy). Despite this she still had a good interview, even though she is not really that interested in that particular position as she would be traveling 60% of the time.

Saturday we woke up semi early and walked the Spit Bridge to Manly Harbor Walk. The walk is beautiful as it hugs the coast, and we walked by many secluded beaches and even a lighthouse, not to mention a ton of multi-million dollar homes. It was 9 km long, and due to all of our picture stops it ended up being a pretty long walk. But it was definitely worth it as it was a gorgeous, sunny day with hardly a cloud in the sky. Afterwards, I had a delivery to make Saturday night down in Cronulla. Cronulla is a beach town South of Botany Bay, and luckily Veronica decided to come with me for the drive. I say luckily because I ended up getting lost on the way there and on the way back, so we spent at least 2 hours in the van. No big deal though as it was just an opportunity to see more of Sydney. J

Sunday we awoke late to a grey and rainy city. We headed to Candy’s for our mocha and chai and to read the Saturday papers. After going over to a friend’s house we caught the ferry into the city to go watch a movie, “Notes on a Scandal”. While riding the ferry back to Manly I got a text from the owner saying I could have today off since I worked on Saturday. It was at this moment when I realized how desperate I am for work as I almost felt sad by the prospect of not having to go in today.

The pictures from the previous post and today’s post are all of the hike, except of course the picture of me and my “rig”.

No comments: