Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hitting the Wall

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before this blog began to feel like a chore. Sorry for the hiatus, just been enjoying some beautiful spring weather here in Oz. Since Maria left we have been taking it pretty easy, eating at our favorite places, hanging with friends, and in general trying to savor our remaining time in Manly.

That's right, our time here is coming to an end. The plan is to leave here in March to go travel for 4 months. A bit weird, part of me is quite ready to leave, but the other half is pretty sad. Living in Manly is very enjoyable. Walking to your favorite coffee shop, being so close to the water and your friends is something that will be tough to give up. And for what, a crappy US economy when we arrive back to the States? I've never gotten political on this blog, BUT, if McCain and the hockey Mom win the election I might think about staying here as I will have completely lost my faith in America. So I am gonna hope that doesn't happen, because we really miss good Mexican food. :)

On to happier thoughts, had 2 great surfs this past Friday and Saturday. Narrabeen turned on, throwing big, meaty turquoise barrels. So much fun, and best of all very few people in the water. Most impressive though was that every surfer out were completely cool, no drop-ins, no snaking, just hooting one another into waves. Reaffirmed my faith in humanity a bit.

Veronica and I got hooked on "Dexter", perhaps one of the greatest TV shows EVER! Just finished Season 1 on Saturday night, and my oh my, what a fabulous show. I am so excited about seeing Season 2, I almost feel like a kid again with all the anticipation I have running through me presently.

Haven't taken any photos in a while, so alas, nothing to view with your peepers except for my turgid ramblings. I promise to write, sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Your travels should provide new motivation to blog...every now and then at least.

And if Mccain wins...well, you can always move to Mexico.