Sunday, October 7, 2007

I must have kicked a blind beggar in a previous life!






So, after patting myself on the back and annoucing to everyone that I got a job, I find out that in fact I did not get the job. Literally, I told everyone I had a job (I had a written offer) and I have now had it plucked from my grasp. The story goes that when I told them I would take the offer I reminded them that my contract states they had to pay a commission to my boss. A day later they said they could not afford to pay it. So I went halfway and said I would pay half the fee, and they still said no. I then told them I would pay the fee, so there should be no problem. That was on Friday, and they said they would make a decision today. And the decision was a resounding NO. The explanation given to me by Grace is that due to the fact that Tracy (the principle of the company) is on a 457 herself, she is supposed to hire citizens or permanent residents. Thus, they are now hiring the project manager for the Parramatta site, and he happens to be a resident. Mind you, when I received the written offer on Wednesday, the company and Tracy had already seen on my cover letter that I was on a 457 visa.

I feel like vomiting, I am in disbelief that this could happen a second time around. Which leads me to the title of this post, for truly I must have been a despicable human in a previous life. I know I'm not perfect, but DAMN, how many times can this happen to a frustrated job hunter? Anyways, I suppose I am gonna look back on this and laugh, however, the laughter isn't exactly with me at the present time.

This weekend we ended up going to a Sydney Kings basketball game. Pretty interesting, reminded me of a CBA game. The place seemed to be about half full, after all the Rugby World Cup is currently on. Veronica enjoyed hanging out with the mascot as you can tell from the picture.

I also included a picture of me in my new Patagonia wetsuit. I love this wetsuit, and it was so worth the nearly 3-month wait.

The picture of the eating baby is our friend’s Jay and Mischa beautiful little girl Rhea (sp?). These pictures cracked me up.

Anyhow, Veronica and I are getting really excited about coming home over Christmas. Good times.

No comments: