Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Surfing with a World Champion and Our New Ride is now Street Legal






This past Saturday the Northen Beaches of Sydney had a nice swell come in. The waves were 3 foot plus and clean at Dee Why Beach and the day was gorgeously sunny. Veronica headed to the beach with me while I went to go catch some waves. Imagine my surprise when I get out into the lineup and see Barton Lynch, 1988 World Champion and Pipeline Master, streaking down the line on some extremely fast and hollow lefthanders. Super cool to say the least.

The other good news is that our new ride, a 1989 Toyota Camry Station Wagon is now street legal. Oh yeah, we have insurance, a safety check and the rego all squared away, and now that we replaced the brake lights, our white chariot is now ready for action. I have posted a picture or two, but please, don't be too jealous of our pimpin' new ride. Just remember, this beautiful vehicle was given to us by our good friend Andy. Nothing beats a free car.

As you can see from the pictures, Sunday night Veronica and I made dinner, something of a novelty as we have been eating out pretty much all the time. Sadly it is almost cheaper to eat out here than buy groceries and cook for yourself a lot of the time. Yep, I had to document Veronica and I cooking, pretty sad.

This week is my last week working at Video Australasia. They have finally found a new driver, so Friday is my last day. Perfect timing as my little sister Jill arrives this Friday to spend 2 weeks with us. This is good news for you friends and family as there will be many new postings and pictures these next two weeks. Hopefully this will offset my recent slacker ways with the blog.

Cheers.

No comments: