Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Small World

It has been a rather uneventful week with Veronica being away in Canberra. However, the week became slightly more interesting yesterday afternoon when I went to pick up some camera gear from a shoot at Clovelly Beach. As I am walking around gathering gear I see a guy who looks really familiar surrounded by six women. I realize quickly that the guy is in fact Jensen Ackles. Being a tad dumbfounded, I walk up to the group, tell the girls excuse me, and say, "Hi Jensen. Matt Luttrell" and shake his hand. A look of recognition comes over his face, and Jensen says, "Dude, we need to catch up" as I continue on gathering gear.

I head outside and then when I get back in the Surf Club Jensen comes up to me and we start chatting. We mostly talk about how I live in Sydney, what he is doing out in Sydney, his show, the writer's strike, Hawaii, Vancouver (where his show is shot), and of course Dallas. It was completely bizarre seeing someone else from Richardson, Texas here in Sydney. But I guess it makes quasi sense when you factor in that I was picking up a camera from a shoot. Still, it seems proof positive that the World is in fact a rather small place at times.

No comments: