Thursday, September 20, 2007

I love filing taxes!

Last night we did filed our Australian taxes over at our friend’s place. Surprisingly, it was one of the best nights I have had here in Sydney. How can you not have a great night when you find out that you are getting back almost $5000? Yeah, apparently it pays to be poor here in Australia. This should excite our families to pieces as they will now be getting Christmas presents rather than just hugs this December. For Veronica and I, well, this windfall is the equivalent of a financial miracle. Needless to say times have been a little lean since moving into our own place two weeks ago. Frugal has been the name of the game, counting each and every 5 cent piece, packing our lunches, and rummaging through trash bins for our other meals (jokes).

In fact, I was so happy that I completely forgot that earlier in the day, while talking to a property headhunter, I was offered another job, as a recruiter, but this time in property. I must give the shady, back handed vibe out quite well I suppose? Who cares for now, the Luttrell’s are no longer in the poorhouse! Viva el Australian Government!

This weekend we are off to Kangaroo Valley for a friend's 30th birthday. Should be good times, and our next post will definitely have photos.

Cheers.

No comments: