Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Live Earth






We’ve had an eventful week, full of work, a massive all day live music festival aimed at stopping climate change, and dinner at Sydney’s supposed best Thai restaurant.

Well, my first week back at work went swimmingly. Swimmingly, what a terrific adjective, eh? Back to my first week at work, it was pretty similar to what I remember work being like which is to say that it was most unmemorable, in a good way of course. J

Friday night Veronica and I went to a Thai restaurant for one of her co-worker’s going away party. First off, the food was quite good, but was it the best in Sydney, how can you really quantify that? Regardless, the restaurant had some tasty cuisine, and more interestingly, some graphic Kama Sutra paintings all over their walls. The paintings, as you can see from the photo where Veronica is oh so elegantly showcasing the beautiful artwork, are quite funny.

On Saturday, Veronica and I went to Live Earth here in Sydney. Out of 7 concerts on each continent, Australia’s was the kick off concert for the worldwide event. While nearly all of the acts were Australian, we were lucky enough to have Jack Johnson as one of the headlining acts. While Jack’s set was short, it was a good time. And I have great news; because of Live Earth the problem of Climate Change has been solved. Yeah, that’s right, because of some rock stars and Al Gore, the world is now safe. Good times indeed!

I almost forgot to mention that Veronica and I spent July 4th at work, the first time I can actually remember working on America’s birthday. To make matters worse, Veronica and I didn’t even have a hot dog or a beer on the 4th. Adding insult to injury, we went and saw a French film as well. Sorry America.

No comments: