Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Palm Beach Lighthouse






This past weekend Veronica and I took it easy. On Friday night we caught a French movie called "My Best Friend". Saturday morning, after waking up late, I went surfing and Veronica went for a run on the beach. That night we went and had dinner at the Bavarian Cafe. We got our usual, the vegetable linguine, which is just so freaking good!

Sunday, after having a late morning cup of coffee, we decided to drive back up to Palm Beach. Since the previous weekend we had not walked up to the top of the headland to see the lighthouse, that was our plan for the day. The weather was again perfect, and Veronica and I had a good time exploring the area. All of the pictures posted today of our Lighthouse Walk, btw.

This week has been pretty mellow for myself. Since I have the month of June off from working (I start a new job in July) I have been surfing as much as is possible, and also going to the library to study. Yep, I said study. Since I haven't been able to get a job in the real estate/finance industry, I am now back in school taking some classes with the hope that these new found skills will help me get a job. We shall see.

The big news of the week came yesterday when Veronica was informed at 9:30 am that she had to drive 4 hours away to replace someone out in the field until Friday. Veronica didn't even have a chance to come home to get anything, she just drove out to the jobsite. Her company is paying for her to buy everything she needs while she is away from home, but I still think it's pretty lame that they only gave her an hour heads up before she headed away from home for a few days. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come.

Today the sky is grey and the rain has been drizzling down steadily. The waves are blown out and it is cold, so I am taking this to be a sign that I need to get a lot of schoolwork done today.

No comments: